Skip to main content

Ads

Love in the Mind But Not in the Body or Soul

Holding Hands





                                                                                                                                           
I've got a woman on my mind
She seems to have made a home in there
Redecorating from left to right
Today she put up some new curtains
And has plans to stay all night
I have feelings for this woman
Yes, I sure as hell do
I've tried not to think of her
For quite a long time now
But my feelings have only grew
Her loving me is an impossibility
Just a wild, reckless dream
In both my waking and dreaming eye
I wish I could push out of my thoughts
Once and for all in sad, final goodbye
The odds are so staggeringly against the possibility
Of her and I sharing intimate time and space
Age, background, circumstance and on and on
There is so much working against it
And so little working toward it
Yet, I can't begin to even estimate
How many times, just how many times
I closed my expressive weary eyes
And seen that strong and attractive face
And how long will this go on
Her and all her womanness
In scene after cinematic scene
Showing at all hours of the day
In my love tormented mind
No matter what I do
No matter where I go
I can't escape, there is no escape
She is, I fear, here to stay
In my thoughts, yes
In my heart, yes
But not in my life
Never to love her
And never to be loved by her.

Written By-
George Hiegel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Anyway...

Life Attitude I have been a solitary soul fighting ups and downs, Still, I find life's beauty hidden in nooks and corners anyway... The roadblocks have been numerous on this untrodden path, Still, I find the urge to move on towards my goal anyway... Emotions lost, feeling hurt, friendship lost and found, Still, I find the next milestone as intriguing anyway... Sometimes fearless, sometimes crouched and crumbled, Still, I find the inner strength to guide me anyway... Sometimes lonely, sometimes lost in a crowd, Still, I find my identity engraved on a far horizon anyway... Life has been a bouquet of thorns and thistles alike, Still, I find the rules and ruptures healing anyway... Life has been a merry go round leaving me in a dizzy din, Still, I find the sound of life euphonious anyway... Basking and reveling in the divine love of my Lord, Still, I find life full of hope and anticipation anyway...

O! Dear Mountain

Girl Sitting at the edge of mountain O! Dear Mountain, Why did you do this to me? You taught me how to walk, On Rocks and Lose soil, Only to send me back to where, There are no firm roots, no toil. You taught me that every descent, Is followed by an ascent, Here, I come back, Trying to advert dead end. You taught me that every Step is an achievement, I come back to a place where even Gallops come without fulfillment. Now, here away from you, My body aches for the sensation, To hear each of my precious breath, To kiss the sky, to offer you salutation.

Beautiful Scenes, Loving Dreams and the Wish for Something More

Women Dreaming Beautiful scenes In my dreams Of you and I With whimsy and love In our eye. Sunset beaches The songbird preaches A song for our ears alone So far from reality But together right at home. Strolling side by side We bask in the calming tide We are on the same life road Scenes of warm simplistic joy To me, can never get old. If only someday soon Maybe the next full moon These beautiful scenes Will be more than dreams And reality will make me swoon. Written by -  George Hiegel